Refugee Festival Scotland 2023 Programme Now Live!
Published on 17-May-2023
We’re excited to announce that the programme for Refugee Festival Scotland 2023 is now live!
The festival, which runs from 16-25 June, features a jam-packed programme of events taking place in local communities across Scotland. This year’s festival theme is hope and the events that are part of the festival provide people in local communities a platform to showcase their skills, talents, cultures and their hopes for a better future.
The programme includes a wide range of events, from music and dance performances to film screenings, exhibitions and talks, and more! There are also opportunities for people of all ages to get involved in creative workshops and community events.
Some of the highlights of the programme include:
- A family picnic and play at The Hidden Gardens in Glasgow
- A master cooking class on African-origin dishes at Common Village in Glasgow
- A dance workshop at The Anatomy Rooms in Aberdeen
- A family beach day at Broughty Ferry in Dundee
- A painting and photography workshops for kids aged 8+ at Sandy Community Centre in Edinburgh
- A barbecue and African music played by children of School of African Culture at The Tannahill Centre in Paisley [LINK TO EVENT]
- A film screening of LIMBO at The Dick Institute in Kilmarnock
The festival is a great opportunity to come together as a community and to build a more welcoming and hopeful future for everyone.
Check out what’s on now – we can’t wait to welcome you!