The Question of a Kurdish Museum
11:00 - 16:00
By Unity in the Kurdish Community
Everyone is invited to a day-long event including storytelling and Kurdish Music as part of a pop-up museum created by Unity in the Kurdish Community, Scotland with Glasgow Museums.
Stories relating to Kurdish identity are seldom told in museums. This event is the result of ongoing conversations between curators at Glasgow Museums and Kurdish diaspora in Glasgow, about how we can begin to do so.
This is a family-friendly event.
11:00-13:00 Display (meet those involved) and storytelling
13:00-14:00 Break for organ recital and lunch in the park
14:00-16:00 Display and Music
- Hearing Loop
- Wheelchairs or mobility aids provided
- Level access from entrance to reception
- Suitable for visitors with limited mobility
- Large print, braille or audio
- Accessible parking or drop-off point
- Wheelchair access throughout
- Lift or stairlift
- Access guide
- Accessible toilets
- Level Access
The full access statement for Kelvingrove Museum can be found here.
Image credit: Yuliya Chystaya