Anti-Racist Solstice Storytelling
Sunday, 19 June
11:00 - 15:00
By Woodlands Community Development Trust
Woodlands Community’s Anti-Racist group and our partner charity, Safe in Scotland, invite you to join us for a family-friendly day of music, poetry, storytelling, food and fun.
- Share knowledge, stories and solidarity with your neighbours
- Have a go at screen-printing t-shirts with artist and activist Kengkeng Watt
- Storytelling from Ishrat Gazala, Pinar Aksu and Amanpreet Bajwa (tbc)
- Talk from Mahdi Sake, a refugee advocate currently working as Programme Development Officer for Refugees and Asylum Seekers from the Mental Health Foundation
- Chat with Nico Ndlovu of SIYAKHULAMA we talk, podcast.
- Sunflower planting & seed sowing in Millennium Park with Woodlands staff Vicki Fleck
- Learn about our Anti-Racist Community Library
- Games and activities for kids run by the young people of Woodcraft Folk
Please join us for this day of celebration, knowledge sharing, unity, fun and support.
Woodlands Workspace, 66 Ashley St, Glasgow, G3 6HW
This is a drop in event. Just come along on the day.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About Woodlands Community Development Trust:
Woodlands Community is a Development Trust, a charitable organisation that aims to improve the Woodlands area of Glasgow and the lives of local people. We achieve this through community-led activity and partnership with both local and national organisations. Our aim is to be a force for positive, community-led change in Woodlands.
66 Ashley St, Glasgow