- This event has passed.
Empowering Diversity: Personal Safety Seminar
June 18 @ 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
This event is hosted as part of the LEAP Sport, Festival Fortnight during June 2023. Find out more about Festival Fortnight here.
The aim is to provide heightened awareness of LGBTIQ+ and diversity targeted violence and how minimise risk.
In summary, the session will comprise of both a classroom based input and low impact physical session, covering the following key elements:
• the need for individuals to take responsibility for their own safety
• how to risk assess situations and identify potentially dangerous people and situations
• the value of forward planning and situational awareness
• an insight to violent situations that may be encountered and how to try and avoid them
• basic karate and self-defence techniques that may assist reducing the risk of harm
This event is for people over the age of 16 only. This is event is free, to book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org