Calling All Artists and Designers for Refugee Festival Scotland 2024!
Published on 16-Oct-2023
Artists and graphic designers with lived experience of migration and displacement are invited to express an interest in creating the visual identity and graphic design elements for Refugee Festival Scotland 2024. We would like to commission an artist from any art field to design a poster that will form the basis of the visual identity for Refugee Festival Scotland 2024.
Deadline for expression of interest: Tuesday, November 14th at 12pm.
We are looking for artwork that meets the following guidelines:
- is original, eye catching and uplifting
- is a good visual representation of this year’s theme (announced at the end of November)
- works across the marketing, communications and branding campaigns of the festival
- encapsulates Refugee Festival Scotland and what it stands for
We are looking for 1 poster design to advertise and promote the festival. The poster will be displayed on street sites across Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and other areas of Scotland in four sheet size and also as a smaller A3 print for display inside cafes, bars etc.
We want the design to be eye-catching, to make people stop and look, and for them to read the info on it about the festival, so something simple and clear is ideal!
We are open to the design style, but please keep in mind the feeling and aims of the festival when designing.
Information to go on the poster:
Refugee Festival Scotland
A festival for everyone
Fri 14th – Sun 23rd June 2024
Get involved – refugeefestivalscotland.co.uk
Please leave space at the bottom of the poster for a row of logos, which we’ll supply.
Other design elements
Based on the poster design, we also need the following:
- Twitter banner
- Facebook banner
- Instagram banner (These 3 banners can all be the same, just one design, but they are different sizes and dimensions)
- Website banner for www.refugeefestivalscotland.co.uk
- Website banner for www.scottishrefugeecouncil.org.uk (Again, just one design for both website banners but they are different sizes)
- Key design elements supplied as PNG/SVG/JPG/AI files (as appropriate) that can be uploaded to Canva so that we can create our own, in-house social media and web graphics, print materials and presentation slides.
Please select a font that is easy to read and freely available (so that we can use it in-house too) and that works with the Refugee Festival Scotland logo (at the top right of this website!)
Please select for us a colour pallet for 2024 and please send us the hex codes so we can match these in our work.
Early October-Mid November: Designer call open
November 14th: Deadline to apply
November 17th: Appointment made
Late November: Festival theme announced
December 8th: Initial proofs due
December 18th: Final design and deliverables deadline
Sign off and agreement will take place once the draft design has been approved by Scottish Refugee Council’s Communications team.
The deadline for final design of banners/headings and all other elements is Monday 18th December 2023.
The fee available is £1,350
Please fill out this expression of interest if you would like to apply.
Any questions, please contact Refugee Festival Assistant, Katya Zabelski at firstname.lastname@example.org